Tooth loss affects your oral functionality, making it more difficult to eat, speak, and smile with ease. Dentures can restore your oral appearance and function, but it can take a few months for a dental laboratory to make your unique appliance. Luckily, our dentists in Dallas, TX, can provide you with immediate dentures while you wait!
At Lakewood Dental Group, Dr. Shaun Sigurdson and Dr. Mihir Patel can help you address tooth loss with several high-quality options, including temporary dentures. Our team uses cutting-edge technology to deliver comfortable and natural-looking immediate dentures for patients who want to restore their smiles quickly.
What are immediate dentures?
Immediate dentures are temporary oral appliances that are not custom-fitted to a patient’s mouth in the same way that conventional dentures are. However, they fit and feel well enough to help patients bite, chew, and speak more comfortably while they await their permanent dentures.
Dr. Sigurdson and Dr. Patel often recommend temporary dentures for patients immediately after a full-mouth extraction. These non-permanent appliances help keep the extraction sites clean and reduce bleeding. However, some patients may choose to wait until their gums are completely healed before getting their immediate dentures.
Do temporary dentures look natural?
Immediate dentures are made using the same technology, techniques, and materials as conventional dentures. So, our patients can feel confident that their smiles will look as great as they feel!
Are there different kinds of immediate dentures?
Yes! At Lakewood Dental Group, we offer partial and full immediate dentures. Partial temporary dentures are a suitable option for patients with three or more missing teeth in a row, while full temporary dentures are more suitable for patients with entire arches of missing teeth.
Am I a good candidate for immediate dentures?
Ideal candidates are patients who want to restore their oral health, function, and appearance quickly. Other candidates are patients who have undergone a full-mouth extraction, as these patients will need to protect their gums while they wait for their permanent dentures.
Ultimately, an in-depth consultation with our Lakewood dentists will help patients determine if immediate dentures are right for them.
What are the benefits of temporary dentures?
There are many benefits of immediate dentures, including:
- Protection: Immediate dentures protect delicate gum tissue, especially after a tooth extraction. They also help slow the bleeding after a tooth extraction, which helps the empty sockets form healthy blood clots for faster healing.
- Fast: In many cases, our team can provide patients with immediate dentures on the same day as their appointment.
- Healthy jaws: Sometimes, permanent dentures can take several months to complete, and it’s not uncommon for patients’ jawbones to deteriorate as they are waiting for their final appliance. Immediate dentures stimulate gum and jaw tissue, which prevents jawbone deterioration.
- Improved oral function: Without immediate dentures, patients will not be able to eat and speak comfortably. Temporary dentures allow patients to continue their regular activities without sacrificing their quality of life.
- Enhanced appearance and confidence: Total tooth loss can drastically alter a patient’s appearance, which can lead to plummeting self-esteem and confidence. Immediate dentures allow patients to restore their image and enhance their confidence quickly.
Schedule an Immediate Dentures Consultation Now
Are you ready to discuss immediate dentures with a compassionate Lakewood dentist? Then, schedule your consultation now with the caring team at Lakewood Dental Group. We’re more than happy to help you explore all of your tooth-replacement options!
New and existing patients can schedule an appointment by calling our Dallas dental office at (214) 827-1885 or by requesting it online here.