We all want to look and feel our best. That’s why Invisalign® Teen is a popular choice among our younger patients. So, if you’re ready to discuss Invisalign for teens with an experienced Lakewood family dentist, then don’t wait for a second longer–talk to the knowledgeable team at Lakewood Family Dental today.
Our skilled dentists, Dr. Shaun Sigurdson and Dr. Mihir Patel, provide top-quality Invisalign treatments for kids and teens. These discreet aligners allow young patients to ditch the bulky metal braces of yesteryear for smooth, clear, and effective smile-correcting trays.
But, how does Invisalign Teen differ from traditional Invisalign, and is it really worth it for your child? Keep reading–you’ll see how our Lakewood Invisalign treatments can transform your teen’s smile, confidence, and life for the better.
How is Invisalign Teen different from Invisalign?
Invisalign Teen isn’t much different from traditional Invisalign. Both are orthodontic solutions that use clear trays to slowly shift crooked teeth into proper alignment. They’re both much more comfortable to wear than metal braces, and they can both accomplish stunning results in just six to 18 months.
However, the main difference is that Invisalign Teen aligners have a series of blue dots on the plastic trays. These blue dots indicate how long the aligners have been in contact with the teeth. The longer the trays sit on the teeth, the more the blue dots will fade. So, this tells parents (and dentists!) if their teens are wearing their aligners for the prescribed 20 to 22 hours a day.
How do I know if Invisalign Teen is right for my child?
In general, teens with mild to moderately misaligned teeth are good candidates for Invisalign Teen. But, parents should consider other factors, such as:
- Is my child committed to wearing their aligners for at least 20 hours a day?
- Would my teen’s mental health decline if they had noticeable metal braces?
- Would my child frequently lose or misplace their clear aligners?
- Does my teen play sports or instruments that make wearing metal braces more risky?
Having an open and honest conversation with your child will help them understand their role in their treatment and allow them to make the right decision for them.
What are the benefits of Invisalign Teen?
While clear aligners and metal braces can accomplish the same dazzling results, Invisalign for teens has some distinct advantages, including:
- Better oral hygiene: Metal braces make brushing and flossing much more difficult. Invisalign trays are removable, which means that teens can practice better oral hygiene and reduce the amount of plaque buildup on their teeth.
- No dietary restrictions: Patients with traditional braces have to avoid hard and sticky foods. With Invisalign, teens have no dietary restrictions–they simply remove their aligners, eat the foods they want, and put the trays back in their mouths once they’re done eating!
- Gentler on the mouth: Metal braces tend to rub on the soft tissues of the mouth, like the lips and cheeks. Invisalign is made from high-quality plastic, which offers unparalleled comfort.
- Ultimate discretion: Teens prioritize their appearance, which is why many of them want to avoid metal braces at all costs. Invisalign allows them to straighten their teeth with unmatched discretion.
- Great for active teens: Traditional braces can lead to serious oral injuries while teens are playing sports or being active. But, for teens with Invisalign, they don’t have to worry about that–they can simply remove their trays before getting active!
See If Invisalign Teen Is Right for Your Child Today
If you’re ready to talk to a qualified Dallas dentist about Invisalign Teen, then contact the caring team at Lakewood Dental Group. We’re always ready to help you and your child get happy, healthy smiles!
Parents can schedule an appointment online, or they can call our office directly at (214) 827-1885.