A bright, confident smile can make a significant difference in a person’s self-esteem and overall appearance. With advancements in modern dentistry, cosmetic dental services have become increasingly popular. That’s why our cosmetic dentists in Dallas, TX, offer a range of treatments to enhance the aesthetics of your teeth and gums.
Are you ready to explore cosmetic dental services with a trusted dentist in Dallas, TX? Schedule an appointment with the team at Lakewood Dental Group at (214) 827-1885 to get started today!
In this blog, we explore various types of cosmetic dental services, including their pros and cons, costs, and expected results.
Teeth whitening is a non-invasive cosmetic dental service that helps remove stains and discoloration from the teeth. The result is a whiter, brighter smile that you can enjoy for years to come!
Typically, there are two main types of teeth whitening: in-office treatments and at-home kits. Both are equally effective. However, at-home kits may be better for busy patients.
- Quick and noticeable results
- Non-invasive and painless procedure
- Enhances the overall appearance of the teeth
- Results are not permanent and may require touch-ups
- Some individuals may experience temporary tooth sensitivity
- Not suitable for people with severe tooth discoloration or intrinsic stains
In-office teeth whitening typically costs between $500 to $1,000, while at-home kits range from $100 to $400.
In-office treatments can yield noticeable results in a single session, while at-home kits may take several weeks for optimal results. However, both in-office and at-home treatments can yield results that last up to three years.
Dental veneers are thin prosthetic covers (usually crafted from materials like porcelain or composite resin) that a dentist uses to cover imperfections on the front surface of teeth. Veneers can address various cosmetic concerns, such as chipped, stained, or misaligned smiles.
- Instantly transforms the appearance of the teeth
- Durable and long-lasting solution
- Resistant to stains and discoloration
- Corrects a variety of dental imperfections
Irreversible process because a small amount of tooth enamel is permanently removed
Costly compared to other cosmetic dental services
Veneers may require replacement after 10-15 years
Dental veneers can cost between $900 and $2,500 per tooth, depending on the material used and the complexity of the case.
Patients can enjoy a stunning smile immediately after the veneers are bonded to the teeth, with results that can last for many years.
Dental implants involve the surgical placement of titanium or zirconia posts into the jawbone, which act as artificial tooth roots. As such, they provide a stable foundation for dental restorations, like crowns or bridges.
- Permanent solution for missing teeth
- Enhances the functionality and aesthetics of the smile
- Prevents bone loss and maintains facial structure
- Long-lasting and durable
- Involves a surgical procedure
- Requires a healing period before the final restoration is placed
- More expensive compared to other tooth replacement options
The cost of a single dental implant can range from $3,000 to $6,000, depending on the complexity of the case and additional procedures required.
After the healing period, dentists can attach restorations (like crowns, bridges, or dentures) onto the abutment piece attached to dental implants to provide a natural-looking and fully functional smile. With the proper care, patients can enjoy their restored smiles for a lifetime.
Dental bonding is a cost-effective cosmetic dental service that involves applying a tooth-colored resin material to the teeth. It can address minor aesthetic issues such as small chips, gaps, and discoloration.
- Quick and painless procedure
- Less expensive compared to other cosmetic treatments
- Can be completed in a single dental visit
- Not as durable as other treatments
- Susceptible to staining and discoloration over time
- May need to be replaced after several years
Dental bonding typically costs between $100 and $400 per tooth, depending on the complexity of the case.
Patients can immediately notice the improved appearance of their teeth after dental bonding, with results that can last several years with proper care.
Cosmetic Gum Shaping
Cosmetic gum shaping (also known as gum contouring or gum reshaping) is a cosmetic dental service that removes some gingival tissue to correct an uneven or heavy gum line. The goal is to create a more balanced and symmetrical smile.
- Enhances the overall appearance of the smile by creating a balanced gum line
- Corrects a “gummy” smile or an uneven gum line
- Minimally invasive procedure with little to no discomfort
- Temporary sensitivity or discomfort during the healing process
- May require multiple sessions for optimal results
- Not suitable for individuals with severe gum disease
The cost of cosmetic gum shaping can range from $500 to $3,000, depending on the complexity of the case and the extent of gum reshaping required.
Patients can see immediate improvements in the appearance of their gums following the procedure. The final results will become more apparent as the gums heal, typically within a few weeks.
Tooth contouring is a cosmetic dental service that requires the removal of small amounts of enamel to reform and improve the appearance of the teeth. Typically, dentists use this procedure to correct minor imperfections, such as slight overlaps, small chips, or uneven tooth length or shape.
- Quick and painless procedure
- Can improve the symmetry and balance of the smile
- Minimal tooth enamel removal
- Limited to addressing minor cosmetic issues
- Not suitable for individuals with significant tooth damage or decay
- May not be covered by dental insurance as it is considered a cosmetic procedure
Tooth contouring usually ranges from $50 to $500 per tooth, depending on the complexity of the case and the amount of reshaping required.
Patients can expect immediate results after tooth contouring. However, the final outcome will depend on the individual’s oral hygiene habits and overall dental health.
Affordable Cosmetic Dental Services in Dallas, TX
Cosmetic dental services offer a wide array of treatments to enhance your smile. If you’re ready to explore your aesthetic options with a trusted dentist in Dallas, TX, then contact Lakewood Dental Group today! Our team will happily help you choose the best services for your health, smile, and budget. Get started today by sending us a brief message here or by calling (214) 827-1885 for information and appointments.