Have you found a Dallas dental office that provides truly personalized care, where the dentist spends significant time with the patients? And where the office, staff, and doctors make you feel comfortable, well cared for, and confident? At Lakewood Dental Group, you’ll always enjoy a warm welcome. We consistently deliver an anxiety-free and unrushed experience for our patients, even amidst the buzz of Dallas energy. From providing comfortable operatory chairs to entertainment, like Netflix, our efforts have yielded a family of patients who wholeheartedly recommend our dental services.
Read Our Reviews
As a new patient at Lakewood Dental Group, I feel like I’ve finally found a dentist I can trust. Andrea, my hygienist, was absolutely wonderful. Dr. Shaun Sigurdson impressed me with his thoroughness and ability to explain things clearly. He’s genuinely fantastic at what he does. I’d recommend them to anyone looking for down-to-earth, skilled dental care. –JP
f you’re searching for a dental office in the Lakewood area of East Dallas, look no further. At our beautiful, high-tech office, located at 6434 Mockingbird Lane, you’ll have access to a host of modern, comfortable dental services and talented dental care professionals. Schedule your visit today by calling 214-827-1885.
About Our Patients
Our technology and services are aimed at building healthy, beautiful smiles for professionals, families, and retirees. Drs. Sigurdson and Patel treat patients as young as 13 years of age. From 3D scans and digital x-ray technology to clear braces and a host of cosmetic dentistry services, you’ll find exactly what you need for excellent oral health and a fantastic smile.
We accept most insurances, as well as CareCredit and LendingClub patient financing. Those lacking dental insurance may take part in our membership plan, which provides discounts on cosmetic, restorative, and prosthetic dental services. Ask about the membership’s $80 take-home teeth whitening offer!
Read Our Reviews
This was the best dental experience I have ever had! I had to have quite a bit of work done, and the whole time Dr. Sigurdson was so kind and soft-spoken. He went out of his way to explain exactly what he was doing and make sure I was comfortable. He even took pictures of the teeth themselves to show me what he was fixing, which made me feel so much more knowledgeable about my teeth and how to take care of them. I had some issues with insurance since they are out of network, but the administrative staff was incredibly patient and kind and helped me get everything figured out. They also offered to break the treatment plan into multiple payments to accommodate your financial situation. I am so grateful to Dr. Sigurdson and the staff and am excited to keep coming back for regular cleanings. – KA
Underscoring our commitment to patient comfort and accurate diagnostics, Drs. Sigurdson and Patel have incorporated these tools into patient care:
- Paperless charting for fast access to records, as well as prompt transfer of records to a specialist, when necessary.
- Electric handpieces for optimal patient comfort and
- Intraoral cameras so that we can zoom in on fine details of your oral structures.
- Ultrasonic dental cleaning enhances patient comfort by omitting the need for the traditional scraping of manual cleanings.
- iTero 3D scans reveal what cannot be seen by the naked eye, the underlying structures of your mouth and jaws.
- Digital x-rays emit 80-90% less radiation, while delivering highly accurate images.
- Apex locator to aid in root canal therapy.
- Computer-guided implant surgery for precision planning of dental implant cases.
Read Our Reviews
I used the same dental clinic for 32 years and that’s where I met Dr. Patel as he had a short stint at the clinic. Once my hygienist retired, I switched from the only clinic I’ve ever known to move under Dr. Patel’s care as he had made a great impression on me in the short time I knew him. I’m so glad I did! Everyone at Lakewood Dental Group is friendly and professional. I’ve never felt like I’m being “sold” anything as so many health clinics have become sales focused, they are truly concerned with overall health and I completely trust what Dr. Patel recommends. Even my husband who is not terribly fond of the dentist is so glad we made the switch. 10/10 – highly recommend! – TJ
General dentistry, including preventive, restorative, and prosthetic services, as well as a full scope of cosmetic dentistry services are available in our office.
- Exams, also known as checkups, should be performed every six months.
- Ultrasonic cleanings make dental cleanings speedy and comfortable.
- Deep cleanings treat periodontal disease so that gums can heal.
- Periodontal maintenance keeps gums healthy and strong long-term.
Restorative Dental Services
- Fillings – We place all-white composite resin fillings to repair small to moderate cavities.
- Crowns – Porcelain, porcelain fused to metal (PFM), precious metal, and zirconia crowns repair teeth with large cavities, as well as those will cracks and chips.
- Crown lengthening – When necessary, we reduce gum tissue to make space for a dental crown.
- Root canal therapy can save a tooth with internal infection so that extraction isn’t required.
Prosthetic Dental Services
- Single implant – To replace one tooth, a patient can opt for a single implant or a dental bridge.
- Bridges – Mounted to natural teeth or implants, bridges replace one to three missing teeth in a row.
- Partial dentures – Also called a partial, partial dentures replace multiple lost teeth, fitting between existing teeth like a puzzle piece.
- Full dentures – Replacement of all teeth on the upper, lower, or both arches, dentures can be attached to implants or held in place with denture adhesive.
Cosmetic Dental Services
- Smile analysis – Before we begin a smile makeover, smile analysis helps us visualize the outcome and refine the treatment plan prior to making permanent alterations.
- Gum contouring – To even out the gumline or remove excess gum tissue for longer, fuller teeth, gum contouring allows us to create esthetic gums that will beautifully frame your smile.
- Tooth contouring – By removing some enamel, tooth contouring can smooth out sharp teeth or rough edges left by minor chips.
- Bonding – Cosmetic dental bonding adds structure to teeth to repair chips, close gaps, or reshape malformed teeth.
- Veneers – Lasting up to and sometimes beyond 20 years, porcelain veneers cover the front surface of teeth that show when you smile. Each veneer is handcrafted by a ceramist for the most esthetic and natural-looking outcome.
- Diastema closure – A diastema is a space between the two center, upper front teeth. Using bonding, veneers, or Invisalign, we can close a diastemas to create a more attractive smile.
- Whitening – We offer home and in-office teeth whitening to brighten enamel by up to 10 shades. White teeth look healthy and youthful.
Unlike other dental prosthetics, dental implants anchor into the jawbone for optimal stability and longevity. Implant posts replace lost teeth roots. One implant can secure a single dental crown, and four can support a full denture.
- Computer-guided implant placement and surgical guides
- iTero 3D scans
- Restoration (crown, bridge, partial, or full dentures)
- Bone grafting
- All-on-4 implant dentures
Invisalign is a revolutionary alternative to traditional orthodontic braces. Instead of metal wires and brackets, Invisalign uses clear, acrylic aligners to reposition teeth and is suited for teenagers and adults.
Schedule Your New Patient Visit Now!
Learn more about our dental services or schedule your new patient visit by calling 214-827-1885. Drs. Sigurdstrom and Patel welcome patients as young as 13 years of age. We will file your dental insurance as a courtesy, or if you don’t have insurance, consider joining our membership plan for significant savings on dental costs. Schedule an appointment online here.